Sunday, November 16, 2008

They are just trees

"I'm going to cut the shit out of the trees today."
"What do you mean cut the shit out of?" The Misses replies hesitantly
"You know prune them."
"Just be careful."
"So how was your day?" I ask wanting to change the subject.
"No really? What do you mean cut the shit out of them?"
"Don't worry, Pops is coming over to teach me."
"But your mom is always worried your dad is going to cut the shit out of her trees!"
"They are just trees they can grow more branches."
Truly I did try to hold back.

"Sweety, it was Pops fault"

2 comments:

Alpha Grandpa said...

you got to break a few eggs to make an omlet. you got to trim a few branches to grow good fruit

JEDA said...

Blah blah blah and something about a catalpa tree....

P.S. I could us your help with some red currant bushes, Alpha Grandpa.