Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Letter from Iraq- 17 Nov, 08 Cont..

Ya, let’s just say I didn’t lose any weight while I was in Kuwait. All these kids are the skinny kids. Then after all that sitting around and doing nothing it was time to say good bye. Half of us have gone on to Camp Bucca, Iraq and the other half are in Camp Liberty, Iraq. We are all wondering one thing. Will be ever see each other again and meet up in Camp Taji, Iraq? That we will have to wait and see I guess, only time will tell. We all hope so.

The E-6 Mafia.
SSG Beth McGuire, SSG Veronica Badillo, SSG Me, SSG Rose Ledford

In between all these smiling faces of mine there were also a lot of tears. Leaving the United States, not knowing what this country had in store for me was honestly, a little scary. I got here and realized it wasn’t so bad. It was difficult to keep in touch during this new time. The internet and the phones were horrible. Long lines, slow, cutting in and out and to top it all off, expensive. I was really missing The Mr. If all of that wasn’t enough, I also was told my 31 year old husband was most likely going to have both his hips replaced. Wow! What is a girl supposed to do with info like that when she has nothing to do? Yep, think about it, a lot. I know The Mr. didn’t want to tell me because he didn’t want me to worry, however I am glad he did. The only thing worse than not being there for him in person when he got the news, would be not being able to be there for him at all. We are still figuring out all the details of what he needs to have done and what I am going to do. Come home now or wait for leave. We are leaning towards waiting for my leave so we can go on vacation somewhere after he has recovered and is out of pain.
On the night of Halloween the last of us packed up our stuff and headed to Baghdad, Iraq. Boy the plane was a tight ride and again, I was a little scared.


Yep, we got to wear our gear and everything. I think that added to the tight fit. Oh ya, and don’t forget my voluptuous hips probably did too. It was a quick fight however. Amazingly I did fall asleep through it, but it was about 0100 in the morning. We landed in Baghdad safe and sound and made it to where we were going to be living. I called The Mr. as soon as I could so he wouldn’t have to worry any more. I could tell he was very worried when he answered the phone. When I called and said, “Hey Sweetie, it’s me. I’m here safe and sound.” The first words out of his mouth were. “Oh thank God.” To be continued…

No comments: