Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Letter from Iraq- 17 Nov, 08

Hey Everyone,
Well, it’s been exactly one month since I flew across the great big Ocean. Exactly 7119 miles from Home to Baghdad, Iraq. Man that’s far. So let’s see, what have I done for a month? Well, I spent two Weeks in Camp Buerhing, Kuwait doing absolutely nothing. The Army calls that acclimatizing. Here are some photos of what I did there and what it looked like.
This is where I lived. PAD 9. Pretty nice as you can see, but dusty as hell.
This is where I slept with 13 other females and yes it was dusty in here too.
I ate Baskin Robin’s ice cream with the girls, and yes on more than one occasion.
Veronica Badillo, Me, Beth McGuire, Jenni Smith
I decided I make these look good.
These are BCG glasses (aka birth control glasses)
I also decided it’s probably too far to walk home.

I hung out with my friends at Starbucks.

SSG Ledford, SFC Cole, SPC Selvey, SPC Luongo, SSG Kaplan, SSG McGuire, Me, SSG Badillo

No comments: