Monday, October 20, 2008

Letter from Iraq- 20 Oct 08

I made it, long trip but I made it. It's wasn't to bad. I ended up having my own 2 seats on the plane so I got to spread out a little. It was really hard when I couldn't use my cell phone anymore to text or call Mark. I know I am definitely going to have some withdrawls. We had some short but sweet conversations and talking to him always makes me feel better. Being here is pretty surreal. It's hot, dusty and desolate. Nothing to see for miles because there is too much sand in the air and what you can see are tan buildings or tents. We will be here in Kuwait for only a short time, training and acclimating. We are sleeping in tents and mine right now does not have air conditioning. We are working to get that fixed as I write this. Our shower point is about 50 meters away, we can only use 15 gallons of water a day to include laundry and showering. So when we shower we wet our selves down, turn off the water, wash, rinse... turning on and off the water. Oh and it's cold. Which I guess isn't too bad since it's hot outside. I know I will think of my Grandma Marie every time I shower here. She used to always shower like that because of growing up during the depression. She tried to get me to do it as a teenager. Ya right, Grandma look at me now. Well I don't have much time to write. Limited on computers with Internet. It was an hour wait outside to get on. Well everyone, know things are ok so far and I'll keep in touch as often as I can. I love and miss you all. As soon as I get an address I'll get it out to you.
Love The Misses

No comments: