Saturday, October 18, 2008

Letter from Iraq- 17 Oct, 08 Cont...

We did have some relax time too. We were able to take a 4 day pass and have our families come and visit. The Mr. talked about that so I’ll just elaborate a little. It was so great to see him! I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I just don’t think most can begin to imagine what we are going through unless you have been separated by no choice of your own and are looking at that separation being a year long. You are both worried about each other’s health and safety both physically and emotionally. You’re not sure how often you’ll talk yet somehow you both will need constant reassurance things will be okay. This is the hardest thing I/we have ever had to deal with. I have no doubt this will make our marriage stronger. I am so lucky to have a partner that is not only willing but capable of doing all of this with me and supporting me as he does. I love him with all my heart and had a wonderful time with him. I am so glad we were able to see each other one last time. Not sure when exactly we will see each other again but I’m trying to arrange my 2 weeks of leave over our 2nd wedding anniversary.

So as much as we work hard, we play hard. I really think the Soldier’s I’m deploying with are a great group of people. Sure you have your friends and there are some you like and can tolerate more than others but as a Unit, we are strong. I believe we would do anything for the other to all come home safe. I’m proud to be going with this group of Soldiers and friends. Here are some pictures of our down time together.

“Out to lunch” wearing a mullet wig!

Recall Formation in “any uniform!”


Yep, Soldiers acting silly is a favorite past time around here. I think its how we deal with the stress. From left to right in the group photo is SPC Lawrence Luongo, 1SG Jason Biermann (in uniform), SSG Bryan Kaplan, and SFC Andrew Cole.

My personal favorite way to pass the time is with all the girls in the barracks for “Movie Night” I don’t have pictures of this, but one night there must have been 10 girls crowded on 2 mattresses on the floor around a lap top eating pizza and drinking wine. It was a good time. I think we watched 3 movies, all chick flick comedies of course.

Me and SGT Takanikoscorti

My battle couldn’t hang any more


SSG Adriana Galvan (aka battle), Me, SGT Veronica Badillo

I’m laughing because one of them (I can’t remember which one) said hey we look like an Oreo cookie. “Brown on the outside and white in the middle.” It just came off so funny to me, and I might have had a nice little wine buzz by that point.

Well I hope I have caught you all up and that you can see I’m doing ok. I really am. I am so blessed to have so many that care about me both near and far. The next time you hear from me I’ll be in the Middle East. I love you Sweetie more than words can express. I’ll talk to you again real soon.
Love, The Misses

No comments: