Saturday, October 18, 2008

Letter from Iraq- 17 Oct, 08

Well Everyone,
It’s time. Time, to move on to the next location. The next step in bringing me closer to coming home to my sweetie. Oh and of course the rest of you too. It is 0030 and we are cleaning the barracks and buffing the floor basic training style. Why, not quite sure. These are World War II barracks. The paint is peeling off the walls to reveal about umpteen layers, the floor tiles are lifting off on all the edges and some are even taped down with duck tape and bla bla bla. Oh well, “Sir Yes Sir. Thanks for putting a roof over our heads.” We have an inspection at 0300 to clear billeting. By the time you read this I’ll be headed for the airport if not already on my 19 hour flight and 36 hour trip all the way to Kuwait. For those of you that would like to know we are flying on a chartered 767, shouldn’t be to bad. (That’s for you little brother) Leaving is bitter/sweet. I’m ready to go and do the mission. Just not ready for the realization that I’m really going to be gone. You think it would have already hit by now but each move I live these same feelings all over again.

Sorry I haven’t done a better job of keeping the up on the blogging and keeping in touch. Needless to say I’ve been pre-occupied but I’m going to try and do better. I have some pictures but most of them are of my down time. A lot of the training was the same as it was in California. Here are some pictures that I meant to put up a month ago and a couple from here. The only real major difference between my time in California and Washington was the weather and there were a lot more trees.

Combative Training – California

Self Defense - Washington

Convoy Training – California

1 comment:

lupdawg13 said...

HEY GIRL, THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH U. OH, YOU LOOK CUTE IN THAT COMBAT HELMET, NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE CAN PULL IT OFF, BUT OF COURSE GI JENN CAN. MISS U LOTS. SENDING MY LOVE FROM DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!!

LUPITA GARZA (A.K.A LUPDAWG)