Monday, February 8, 2010

Movin on up

So tomorrow it starts. For the first time in my life I am showing up to work in a shirt and tie. It feels good. I finally feel like a little more than a grunt (slang for an infantryman). Truthfully I finally started working in my new position about three weeks ago. It has been a long time coming. I don’t even remember when I actually was offered the job, I think it was back in October. So what’s the new job? I’m the Lead Purchasing Agent for the Hospital. I get to work with two other purchasing agents and the three of us get to order all the medical supplies the hospital uses on a daily basis. Everything from cotton balls to stents used in the Cardiology Lab. There is a lot of pressure. Nurses like to show up at 3 O’clock on a Wednesday afternoon needing some medical supply for an operation Thursday morning. I think I’m really going to like it. Roger and Tracie are great people to work with. I don’t think they know what they are in for. Last week the two of them were inspected to make sure they are abiding by all the rules. They did really well. However, at the end Tracie asked how come they were only given a “Success” rating. The inspector knew that all the filing hadn’t been done (she use to work in the same position years earlier). She explained that very rarely she would give out an “Excellent”. I knew right then what I wanted. I’m not giving a time frame right now on when the three of us will get an “Excellent” rating. But it will happen.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

You're a great Lead Dude to work with also....

Did you print your Evil listing today? :)

One Hopeful Melody said...

You deserve it, bro! :) Congrats on your business-level dress code. If I could wear ties and not look like a complete dork I totally would... but maybe that's cause I'm a girl, and I don't know what I'm wishing for. High heels though, yeah, you can totally have those. I'll trade you for ties.