Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Simple Addition Problem?

Start With 40%- for Ulcerative Colitis status Post Colectomy
Add 30%- for a Right Total Hip Arthroplasty
Plus 0%- for a Left Hip with Avascular Necrosis
Add 30%- for a Cognitive Disorder (Memory Loss)
Plus 10%- having lived through Bacterial Meningitis
Add on Special compensation for loss of a Creative Organ
Equals at least 110% Right?
No, according to the Veterans Administration it’s worth 70%. Calm down Travis. I think they are actually pretty close. Yes it's pretty shitty (Literally), but really I work full time and I'm able to carry on with life. Sure there are things I will never be able to do (Climb Everest, sleep in a sleeping bag, sleep through the night without getting up twice to go to the bathroom, make a baby the good old fashioned way…), but all in all life is good. 70% plus special compensation equals $1,429.00 a month. That’s $171,480 tax free every ten years. Does that fully compensate someone for a misdiagnosis? Me? I think it is fine. And maybe I’ll make it to 140% when I get a new Left Hip. That might get me to 80%. Aw who am I kidding, it will probably make me lose a few percentages. Maybe I'll end up with 60%?

3 comments:

Nita said...

Theres should be compensation for the way it makes your parents feel every day and that should take you up to 100% easy!

Tracie said...

Thats not fair Lead dude!

Um your still missing the post where you announce that you got a job promotion....

JEDA said...

Creative organ?

*snort*

Anyway. So Mark. Dude. I hear you got a promotion....?

So while you're on your way up the ladder, I'm on my merry way back to high school. Go ahead and use your creative organ to whip a few more jokes about my $100,000 education and that little conundrum!