Sunday, January 4, 2009

Letter from Iraq- 4 Jan 08

The Rainy Season…
So in my mind prior to coming to Iraq, I imagined that Iraq was a desert; lots of sand, no plants, the ground just thirsty for water. So exactly how Kuwait was. Some parts of southern Iraq are like this. Baghdad is not one of them. December and January are known as the rainy season. The mornings are brisk, but the days are quite pleasant. Actually the weather this time of year is quite perfect. It’s only rained twice but when it does, MUD!

And it sticks around forever! No pun intended. It’s been over a week and some of these puddles are still here.

All I can say is, I miss the snow. Love and miss you guys. Hope you’re all doing well.
Love, The Misses

P.S. So since I wrote this. The last couple days here have gotten cold. Especially in the morning, I can’t imagine being a gunner driving on patrols. I am lucky I get to work in doors for the most part. Cause burr. Who would have ever thought Iraq gets cold.

2 comments:

Taylor Fam said...

Good to see Jen hanging in there. Tell her hi from Brett and the gang!

bob84108 said...

What's with all the concrete partitions? The mud looks like a cleaning nightmare. Good to hear that both you and the misses are doing well!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the new year, may it be full of happiness for us all!!!!!!!!!!!!