Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Blank Screen


I'm not one for wearing my emotion on my sleeve. The Misses left Monday, and I've been sitting here staring at this blank page for 6 days trying to decide what to say. I never understood just how hard it is on family members when a Soldier leaves for a deployment. Now that I'm on the other side I can tell you it SUCKS! My life is on hold. The Misses is currently in California for 6 weeks of training. She has mentioned that it has been hard being away from us, but they have kept her very busy training which helps to keep her distracted. She is also around several new and old friends to keep her busy. Me I have the Olympics and Jeter. Okay I know all my family and friends are here for me. It's just weird calling them and not feeling like a charity case. In the mean time I am hoping for a week together between training and Mobilizing in mid-September. This is the plan for now, but it's the military so you really never know.

I have several things on my "Honey Do List" (okay, so it's not so much The Misses Honey Do List as much as it's my To Do List) which will keep me busy while she is gone. This week I have found it is very hard just to get my ass off the sofa. I'm just in a bit of a funk. This coming week I will start putting things in place to keep me busy and my mind off of things.

Soon you will be able to read a new feature of my blog. The Misses will be sending me journal entries, to keep you up to date and informed on what she is up to and all the fun experience she is having. We figured it would just be easier for her to send me a Word document and I'll past it, just in case she can't access a blog site. The military is always changing what they can and can't access. So look forward to that.

Water Polo just came on. Now not only am I missing my wife I'm also missing all the good times in the pool. Maybe it's something else I can do to keep me busy.

P.S. The Misses and I are trying to figure out ways to keep us close while we are apart. If anyone has any ideas, we would love to hear them.

4 comments:

Alpha Grandpa said...

whatever it takes to help you through this is what we will do.
plan some work in the basement and I'll help. it might be nice to get rid of that 1970's wall paper.
I left for war once and didn't realize what I was leaving behind for my loved ones. I get it better now with Jen leaving. My loved ones are your loved ones. They will be there for you. Don't be afraid to ask.We love the both of you.

Erin said...

Mark are you serious-you could never be a charity case!!! Everyone loves you and likes hanging out with you. Anything you want or need to do to pass the time I am always up for it. This totally sucks but we will all make it. When your hip feels better lets golf!

bob84108 said...

We'd love to see you probably more than you want to see us! Let us know how we can help, with the To Do List, or just passing the time. You know how long our To Do List is, and anytime you want to switch lists, it may be more fun working on someone elses! We're looking forward to seeing you and Jeter on Sunday...

bob84108 said...

Hey Mark, Annette just made a comment and I have one too. I have the perfect solution for entertaining yourself while the misses is away. I understand it feels a little funny to sometimes call up and say can I come over, (which of course we would love it if you do), but to assist you with having lots of family contact and provide many hours of delightful distractions, I plan to send Greg over right after he gets off his mission. :-) I guarantee you wont be bored! In fact you might even look forward to a little private time. I know Greg would love it too.

Yours truly,
Sir