Saturday, December 1, 2007

What are they doing!

6 Months ago I had a physical that determined I was unfit for duty!

You would think after all this time they would be getting close to knowing what my fate is going to be with the Army. But No. A few days ago, a letter came that says essentially we just reviewed your physical (freaking just reviewed) and you need to go and get a few more test. Oh and by the way all cost associated with these test will come out of your pocket. Oh yah and these need to be back to us by December 25th (idiots, don't even realize what day they make things due). Pricks all of them.

Do they have any idea how hard it is to get in to see a Psychiatrist???? And no it can't be a psychologist I asked. 4 or 5 months if at all. I mean seriously. Anyone who knows me could tell them I am not going to open up to someone after one session (which is all my insurance will pay for). What a waste of time. I spent 5 or 6 sessions during my darker days of my illness with a therapist and she had no clue I was having conversations with myself and some really dark thoughts. I should just lie and say everything is fine or maybe I should mess with them. I think tonight I need to come up with a few other friends to talk to in my mirrors.

Next a neurological evaluation. I am very curious to see how this doctor is going to be able to determine what my memory was like prior to my bout with Bacterial Meningitis. Another very expensive waste of time. I guess they don't believe me when I say I don't remember shit. My memory wasn't perfect before, but it really sucks now.

Soldiers keep asking The Misses why I am not back training with them. The answer is simple. Screw them! Never did anyone call to see how I was doing. I have done everything they have asked and my packet is still 6 to 8 month away from being reviewed by a medical board. I have always stuck up for the military and would never talk bad about anyone that wears the uniform. But policies need to be changed. If it is this hard for someone to say I can or can't be a Soldier, how long will it take for them to figure out some of the harder decisions (you know Iraq, Iran, North Korea). I truly think my next public calling is going to be in the senate. Oh who am I kidding they don't do shit either.

I guess I am stuck playing their game.

2 comments:

JEDA said...

So does this mean I can start trashing Bush and the war in your presence now?

Seriously, though...just have Brandi give them a call.

bob84108 said...

Mark, Annette has been saying for years, why would we want the government in charge of our health care. Just take a look at how they treat our heros and you will see what's in store for the average US citizen.