Monday, July 16, 2007

Introducing Jeter

Ever since I discovered blogging. I was always so jealous of everyone with kids. Kids are always doing something amusing to write about. Well, its my turn.

This past weekend Alice and his wife, and the Misses and I went down to Phoenix to visit Alice's Uncle. It is almost a ten hour trip which for me is an eternity to be in a car without easy access to a toilet, but I made it. As we got out of the car I couldn't understand why anyone would want to make Phoenix their home. The heat was truly unbearable.

The reason for this long trip was to pick-up our new dog. Alice's Aunt and Uncle breads Boston Terriers. Alice had let them know we were interested in a dog and they told him they would pick one out for us to have. Luckily Alice's uncle lived in the mountains and it was about 10 or 15 degrees cooler. Which made it almost bearable.

The night before me and the Misses laid in bed and was very excited, it was almost like Christmas. We had been talking about getting a dog for about 6 month and it was finally here. Alice had mentioned that these dogs were very good. He said they were friendly, cute, and best of all house trained. As we walked in Bella the mother of our dog came to great us with a huge smile on her face. Her tail was wagging as she stopped to let me and the Misses pet her. Her puppy was in the pen asleep. The one thing we noticed right away was there wasn't any barking. Altogether there was about 6 Boston Terriers there and none were making a sound. We later found out the only time they do bark is if a cat wanders into their yard. Then the males take off after them with a couple Yelps just for enforcement. I couldn't wait to send our puppy out the door to chase the godforsaken cat that keeps shitting in my yard.

The Misses bent down and picked up the puppy. He looked at her and sniffed her face and then gave her a sloppy kiss. She was in love. We had already decided on a name long ago. I wanted it to be "P.O.S" for Piece of Shit, but the Misses quickly vetoed it. We decided on Jeter. I didn't like the fact that I was bringing something in my house that had the word "Boston" attached to it. I thought the only fitting thing to do was name him after my favorite ball player from the Yankees, Derek Jeter.

Hopefully there will be many amusing situation that will give me more things to write about. Hopefully none of them will involve a stain on my carpet of a hole in my sofa. So it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you the newest member of the Taylor family, JETER

No comments: