Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's Finally Here

I truly wish this was about our roses finally blooming which marks the start of Spring and Summer. Unfortunately, the realisation of The Misses (a.k.a. SSG Taylor) deployment is upon us. She left yesterday for three weeks of training in Texas. As I was laying in bed playing fetch with Jeter it really hit me that she is going to be gone a long time (14 months). For the past two months the deployment has been something that was going to happen in the future. No need to worry or think about it.
As I laid there by myself last night I was overcome with sadness. As we started dating we knew a day would come that we would deploy. It is always something Soldiers have on their minds. When the list came out for the deployment to Germany The Misses name wasn't on it. It didn't take long for her to get put on so we could be together. This time there is no chance of that. I think it's really going to bother me that I am not able to be there with her. I know my body is in no shape to be stuck in the desert. My mind on the other hand thinks differently. I think I could still do it. It's going to be a long, long time apart listening to her great stories, wishing I could be there with her.
Instead of supporting her in the field I will do what a Dependant (the name the Army gives to a Soldier's spouse) does and support her from home. Hopefully it goes by a fast as our first great year of marriage. We are coming up with ideas to stay close. I will really have to get over my hatred of talking on the phone. Maybe tonight as you kiss your sweat heart goodnight. Give them an extra kiss on the cheek and be thankful there are Hero's in this country that are willing to leave their sweat hearts to take care of the worlds business.
P.S.
It took Jeter one hour to destroy the new bed his mother bought form him. I think he is going to regret it when I throw it in the trash and he is stuck sleeping on a little blanket during the day.

1 comment:

JEDA said...

This has sincerely bummed me out.

Pretty roses though. I wish I had me some of those.