Friday, March 7, 2008

Lost in Translation

Many of you have asked, "Why am I not Invited to see your blog?" The easy answer is to try and respect my former employer.

Last Thursday as I was about to post my blog about getting a new job, The Misses asked if my Boss had ever read my blog? I told her that he has never read it. His wife has read it a few times, but only when I had pulled it up for her to read. I thought it was a little weird that she asked. I really didn't think I had said anything in the blog that would make them upset. I tried to explain in the blog how much they meant to me and how hard it was for me to leave.

Friday morning I woke up and went to work early. I have been trying to collect money from homeowners, and they don't seem to want to answer the phone when I call. So I went to work an hour and a half early to see if maybe I could catch some people home before they went to work. After I made my phone calls I read through the blog again and posted it. Later that morning I had an inspection, as I was driving there I got a phone call from my Boss. What I understood from the phone call was that the corporate office had a lady that sat and monitored every offices Internet activity. She had called them and let them know about my blog. He wanted me to come back to the office so we could figure out how my job could be less dreadful. I told him that it was fine and not to read to much into the blog (really most of it is fluff).

Throughout the rest of the day I was pretty upset. Not that they had read the blog, but that they had some lady monitoring what I did on the Internet (this is what I understood). When I got back to the office my boss wasn't there so I wrote a quick blog about how they were watching over my shoulder. I expressed my dissatisfaction in it and posted it. A few minutes later my Boss came in and we finally had a talk.

He explained to me how this lady was hired by the corporate offices PR department and that any time someone post the name of the company on the Internet, they are notified. He was really upset that I had wrote how dreadful work was, and how hey were not talking to me. He also talked to me about when someone leaves a job. He used the analogy of someone dying, and that when that happens you go through seven stages of emotions. I understood what he was saying, and was glad he let me know finally how he was feeling. I was upset that when they had read my blog, what they took from it, or what stuck out in there mind was how work is dreadful. Not all the other things I said about how great of people they are.

He also said that he believed when they took out my colon they took out my integrity with it. This really got to me........ It is still to hard for me to go into more details.

All in all I think it was good we finally talked. My Boss is a great man and I have learned so much from him. As soon as I got home I went online and blocked my blog from anyone being able to see it. I wanted to take out the companies name and write a blog trying t explain what happened. I didn't want to write it then with all the emotions I had so I waited. I hope they understand that my blog had no malice in its intent. I will miss my time with them. I have grown up with them, and am glad I had my Boss as a great example to follow.

and now it's time to move on.

No comments: