Sunday, March 30, 2008

Killing Two Birds With One Blog

- I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS -

Little did I know that when I accepted the position at the VA, I also accepted to wear this lovely uniform. Hard to believe that they have the people handling all the boxes with the supplies wear white pants. You can see it in the eyes of all the nurses we deal with that they think lesser of us because we wear them or maybe they know that we really have the better job. Sure they make a few dollars more then us, but our job is so much easier. It doesn't bother me. I actually like it. I love the reactions I get when I talk to a nurse and they realise I'm not some dumb supply guy.

The job is actually going well. It is going to take time to learn everything, but that goes with any new job. I can tell you exactly who the other guys are that tried to get the job. It is very hard for them to tell me how to do something. I am sure it pisses them off that they are showing their supervisor how to do stuff. Besides my feet are killing me (they aren't use to me being on them all day) I think this will be a good job. It is really nice that I have five different insurance companies to choose from.

- SO MUCH FOR A BUDGET -

So the kitchen is actually almost done. It has been a lot of work but it is turning out really nice. Friday night as I was attempting to finish hooking up our new sink I had to shut off our water while I changed out a part. As I was turning the knob it snapped off.

It was 9:45 p.m. So I ran to Home Depot to get a a new part. I was hoping I could just change out the insides of the valve and be done with it. It didn't work. The valve was too old so it needed to be changed. As I sat there that night at midnight I was thinking it wouldn't be that hard. As I laid in bed that night tossing and turning I realised this was a little beyond my skill level. I woke up the next morning and called a plumbing company to come fix it.

One hour and $230 dollars later it was fixed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Nice outfit! Sexy Sexy! Really though scrubs are comfy but do they really look that great on anyone?

Jetter is so cute and all, but where are the pictures of the new kitchen? Guess I will just have to come out and see it instead. Have you tried out the new dishwasher yet?