Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Something A Little Lighter....

It really is a small world. At work today one of the big corporate boss's was here to make sure we were doing everything by the books. I had met him before, but honestly I never really liked him. He is from Texas and truly believes his shit doesn't stink. Last night he went to dinner with The Boss and they talked about me and all my problems. Today when I got to work he was sitting at the desk next to mine and was typing some emails. I sat down and began to check my mine. A few minutes went by and he began to talk, "I understand you have had a few problems."

"Well, it has been a rough year but I'm alive and that's all that matters" I replied.

He turned around and reached in his wallet and handed me a card. I thought it was going to be another wonder drug that somebody claimed cured everything. Instead it was an Emergency Alert card. I began to skim through it and stopped when I saw "complete colectomy".

"How long ago did you have the surgery?"

"I had it about 18 years ago."

He went on to tell me his story. He had been fighting ulcerative colitis for 6 years when he got toxic megacolon. We exchanged our funny stories about the illiostomies and how much of a pain they were.

Then I asked if he had any major problems after the surgeries?

"Really there are only two things I really miss. The first is camping. I tried in the beginning but it was just to hard to get out of my sleeping bag when I really had to go, and most places don't have a toilet close enough"

"And the second?"

"Well," he said while looking around to make sure nobody was listening. "I can't fart standing up!"

4 comments:

The Pie's said...

Those Texans sure are charming. Now you know how Ryan won me over!

JEDA said...

teeheehee--you said "fart"

Anonymous said...

Aint it funny how much we have in common with people we would never think.

bob84108 said...

I guess you know now why his shit does not stink. Funny story though!!