Monday, October 22, 2007

Octoberfest

Okay, so there wasn't a thousand drunk people laughing and peeing all over the place. There certainly wasn't big chested blonde's carrying six large beers to people. And there wasn't a German polka band playing in the back ground. But I think we had just as much fun. This weekend The Misses and I had my Sister and her kids over to carve into those behemoth pumpkins we had be growing all season. Instead of having the boring old hot dogs and hamburgers, we had all the classics from Deutschland. My little niece Miss B said it perfectly. "We had Beer and Brats, but Uncle Mark drank all the beer". The German potato salad was a big hit, but not many ventured to try the red cabbage.
Here is some pictures of the event (yes, that is my basement. Don't you just love the Flower wall paper with the faux wood paneling. It is on a very long list of things to do).Miss B and her Pumpkin. She was the youngest so she got to pick first. Luckily Big D was around to help her clean and carve. I don't think she could reach the bottom.Big D's son Hunter drawing his monster. My nephew Little D had a hard time coming up with an idea. I think he bit off more then he could chew with his pirate, so Sis ended up cutting most of it.

My nephew T and his girlfriend Naomi had a good time. Naomi was the drawer and T was the cutter.

The Misses sister M Dawg and her friend Kat stopped by to get their hands dirty.It was finally my turn to complete my master piece. Its been a long time since I played with a pumpkin. I thought the Misses would help a little more but she was busy playing host. She is just like my mom that way.This picture didn't turn out the way we wanted but you get the idea. My good friend Little Dickie and his wife Mrs. Little Dickie stopped by to have some food and hang out. To top the night off in true drunken Oktoberfest fashion we watched the UFC fight. The kids didn't make it to the end.



P.S. Jeda I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but I really wish your family could have been apart of this. You were missed.

No comments: