Thursday, May 24, 2007

Great...Whats next?

"How about you sit down on the exam table so I can check your reflex's." The VA physician says to me.

"Yes sir." I reply as I am getting on the table.

"Just relax your foot" as he starts pulling down and shaking my foot. "The twitch you had the last time is still there, but it isn't as bad."

I begin to wonder, what the hell he is talking about? I vaguely remember the last physical he performed on me 6 months ago.

"Just relax and close your eyes" he begins to lightly scratch and tap on my face. As he taps on the area right above my upper lip, I hear him utter under his breath. "hhhmmm Interesting."

What the hell is so interesting? I begin to sweat.

"When you are a child," he says. "And you feel something press on your lip, you make a sucking motion with your lips." I open my eyes and see his lips scrunch together as if he was a baby about to latch onto his mothers breast. "As you grow older you loose this tendency. But when I tap on your upper lip you slightly still make the motion."

"So, whats the big deal?" I reply nervously.

"Well, the big deal is between this and the reaction your foot makes. There seems to be something going on in your Central Nervous System. I don't want to scare you but...... This could be a sign of Multiple Sclerosis or other Central Nervous System Disorders."

You don't want to scare me? Jesus Christ! Has he not been listening to my story? First I am misdiagnosed with Irritable Bowl Syndrome. By the time they catch on that it is in fact Ulcerative Colitis, it is too late. Then I take a medicine that has some serious side effect (none of them being Bacterial Meningitis), and I get Bacterial Meningitis. Don't scare me???

Lord, please don't let the stars be aligned just right for this one too. Ulcerative Colitis and Bacterial Meningitis has taken a lot out of me. I am too tired to start fighting something else.....

AAAhhhh, Screw it! Bring it on. Ill kick the shit out of it too!!!!!!!!






Pssssst. Don't worry! He is just an Army Doctor, and what do they know. IBS???? Idiots.

No comments: